view counter

Cultural history

Tidewater Christmas at Friendship House

Event Date:  December 7, 2013 - 10:00am - 4:00pm Friendship House is located on the grounds of the College of Southern Maryland. Built circa 1740 by a member of the Dent family, it is one of the oldest surviving examples of Maryland Tidewater architecture. Originally located on land in Nanjemoy, the first Dent that occupied the tract was Colonel William Dent who inherited the property from his father Thomas in 1674. Stories of Colonel Dent and his relatives offer a glance into an earlier time. Location Friendship House - College of Southern Maryland La Plata Campus 8730 Mitchell Rd La Plata, MD United States See map: Google Maps