December 7, 2013 - 10:00am - 4:00pm
Friendship House is located on the grounds of the College of Southern Maryland. Built circa 1740 by a member of the Dent family, it is one of the oldest surviving examples of Maryland Tidewater architecture.
Originally located on land in Nanjemoy, the first Dent that occupied the tract was Colonel William Dent who inherited the property from his father Thomas in 1674. Stories of Colonel Dent and his relatives offer a glance into an earlier time.
Friendship House - College of Southern Maryland La Plata Campus
8730 Mitchell Rd
La Plata, MD
See map: Google Maps