Maryland Lighthouse Challenge
Celebrate part of Maryland’s maritime history at the ninth Maryland Lighthouse Challenge, a two-day driving challenge to visit nine lighthouses and one lightship. Print out a challenge brochure, visit each lighthouse, collect the commemorative souvenir and completion gift. For bonus gifts, also visit Blackstone Lighthouse Replica and Sandy Point Shoal and — for the first time in Challenge history — Jones Point, a Virginia lighthouse: 8am-6pm:
• Turkey Point Lighthouse, North East: 410-287-5333.
• Concord Point, Havre de Grace: 410-939-3213.
• The Chesapeake Lightship, Baltimore Maritime Museum, Baltimore.
• Seven Foot Knoll, Baltimore Maritime Museum, Baltimore.
• Hooper Strait, Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, St. Michaels:
• Drum Point, Calvert Marine Museum, Solomons: 410-326-2042.
• Cove Point, Cove Point: 410-326-2042.
• Point Lookout, 11175 Point Lookout Rd., Scotland: 301-872-5688.
• Piney Point, 44701 State Hwy. 498, Piney Point: 301-994-1471.
• Fort Washington, Fort Washington National Park: 301-763-4600.