The How-To Cowboy Rides Again, Bringing You Another Secret, Magic How-to Fun Trick:
How to Make Surreal Cereal
1) Shake cornflakes into a bowl.
2) Pour in fresh orange juice. Taste. Slurp. Neat, huh?
3) Next day, use frozen orange juice with bubbly carbonated water.
4) Repeat steps 1 through 2. Ooo-oooh! Yummy-good!
5) How about wheat flakes? Rice chex? Corn puffs?
6) How about tangerine juice? Grape juice? Cranberry? Kool-Aid? The list is endlesssssssssssssssss.
7) How about marshmallows? Hershey kisses? Pretzels? Oreos? Honey-roasted cashew nuts? Moon-Pie crumbles? Twinkies? The list is endlesssssssssssssssss.
8) Ladle rolled oats into a bowl.
9) Pour on chocolate milk. Eat. Scree-umptiously groovy.
10) Next day, make hot cocoa with buttermilk.
11) Repeat steps 8 through 10. Lovely. Devine lusciousness.
12) Youre on your own. Be creative. Add everything but cooked turnips and oysters.
13) Just think what you could do at a Motel breakfast buffet.
14) People will think youre crazy. Grow thick skin.
Accept the How-to Ranch Hand Challenge:
Send a unique how-to trick to IM Press, PO Box 5346, Takoma Park MD 20913. Include step-by-step instructions and, if accepted, youll see your trick published in this space and receive a Little Ned Stories book and a $10 check.
Visit the How-to Cowboy, aka Edward Allan Faine, at this website: www.takoma.com/ned/home.htm.
Friday, May 3
Listen to Little Critter stories and meet him, too. 10am @ Barnes & Noble, Harbour Center, Annapolis: 410/573-1115.
Saturday, May 4
Learn how to be a good friend to your dog, cat, rabbit or bird at Patuxent Animal Welfare Societys 2nd annual Pet Education and Adoption Day. Youll also find loving animals seeking homes w/smart pet lovers. 11am-3pm @ Fox Run Shopping Center, Price Frederick:
Star Wars Come to Severna Park:
Star Wars fans of all ages dress in costume in celebration of the release of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. Youll hear speakers from the Star Toys museum; see sci fi costumes & the video Hardware Wars. 2-4pm @ Severna Park Library: 410/222-6290.
Sunday, May 5
How Things Fly
Kids 6 and up learn the secret in experiments w/aviation expert Harry Kraemer. 1pm @ College Park Aviation Museum, 1985 Cpl. Frank Scott Dr. (Beltway to Greenbelt exit)College Park. $4 w/age discounts:
Tuesday May 7
This mornings story is Doras Backpack, followed by fun from Nick Jr.s bag of tricks. 10am @ Barnes & Noble Annapolis Harbour Center: 410/573-1115.
May 8 & 9
Under the Big Top
The worlds largest circus under the big top the Clyde Beatty-Cole Bros. Circus has come our way from Deland, Florida, bringing acrobats and animals, clowns and high wire acts and truckloads of special circus fun. 4:30 and 7:30pm both days @ Navy-Marine Corps Stadium Parking Lot, Annapolis. $9-22 w/advance & age discounts: 888/332-5600.