Sailors Are Made, Not Born
By Bob Bockting
Whats so good about sailing? The day sail, the overnight, the quiet anchorages, the sunsets, the sunrises, the fishing, the bird watching. And thats not all.
- Appreciation ~ John Klocko: Anne Arundel County Councilman, Family Man, Mountain Biker by SOM
- Earth Journal ~ Autumn Sounds by Sonia Linebaugh
- Whos Most Beautiful of Them All? by SOM
- What Would You Do with $10,000? by Sarah Williams
- Way Downstream ..
- On the Eastern Shore, Queen Anne County leads the way smartly, promising to guide at least half of new development into designated growth areas by 2005
- In Virginia, coastal clam farms battle QPX, that bivalves equivalent of MSX, the disease that preys on oysters
- Also in Virginia, reversing itself, Army Corps of Engineers now plans to build a massive reservoir at Newport News
- From China, Afghanistan receives first shipment of animals to rebuild Kabuls war-devastated zoo
- This weeks Creature Feature: From London, TV chef and fish expert Rick Stein advises saving fisheries by switching from more popular fish, like shrimp, to less popular ones, like eel.