On Our Cover
The Good, the Bad and the Excess
Where is all this rain coming from? One day, a noreasterlys pushing rain our way. In another day or two, its pushing across the Appalachians and sometimes the Rockies from Arctic climes. One way or another, the only sun we see pops momentarily through sucker holes in the clouds.
Rainy Weather:The Good, the Bad and the Excess
by Sonia Linebaugh
Just when wed gotten used to drought, now its rain, rain, rain. Wondering how all this rain is treating our Bay and groundwater reservoirs, farms and gardens, playing fields and swimming pools? Here are your answers.
- Trickle Down Taxes
Calvert and Anne Arundel pay up
by Lauren Silver
- Take a Free Ride to the Shore
Lottery picks up Bay Bridge tolls Friday, June 6
by Stephanie Chizik
- Update: from Volume I, Number 3
Mrs. Mattie Johnson still snug; Herrington Village on the move
by Sandra Martin updated by Sonia Linebaugh and James Clemenko
- Way Downstream
- On the Eastern Shore, $33,000 invested in the endangered Delmarva fox squirrel
- In Iran, pet lions at the Saddam Hussein family game reserve will see a better fate than those tasty gazelles
- This weeks Creature Feature: On the British seacoast, The Birds seem to be taking over.