On Our Cover
Stitches of Awe
Photo by Betsy Kehne
As English bid and covet from the hard-worked folding chairs that are the center seats, Amish watch from the sidelines. On a long bench, matriarchs sits amidst a row of daughters and their babies. The dark colors, mostly black, of Amish dress make a foil against which the rainbow-hues of the quilts play.
Thanksgiving at the Farm
by Nancy Hoffmann
For Phil and me, this Thanksgiving brings a new home, a new life warmed by four generations of family under our roof.
Bay Life ~ A Head in the Clouds
by Maureen Miller
For Smithsonian scientist Jess Parker, the best view of the forest is at the top of a
Check out the updated Archives featuring stories from 1993, 1995 & 1997!
|Click the image to jump to local bounty!
- Counting Isabels Blessings
Annapolis Maritime Museum sees brighter future
by James Clemenko
- In Virginia, preserving land like Maryland used to
- In Washington, can Congress say Blue Ribbon Commission on Chesapeake Bay Nutrient Pollution Control Financing?
- In Spain, hundreds mourn the death at the Barcelona Zoo of Snowflake, a unique 310-pound albino gorilla
- This weeks Creature Feature: In Hong Kong, Aussie crocodile hunter John Levers caught no croc yet. Read updates here.