Rain, Rain Please Stay ~ For Editorial Play
No, no - just kidding. Like you, we've had it up to our umbrella with
ceaseless rain landing on us in showers, sprinkles, drops and sometimes
weird frozen marbles.
What gives? El Niño? Climate change? Should we be happy we missed
ice and snow? We're too soaked to know, but we've been hearing stories from
people, some of which we believe
- It rained so much that my dry-docked boat floated past my window last
- There was so much water where I live that my Lab retrieved two ducks
- from the basement.
- It was so wet that my shoes mildewed - on my webbed feet.
- It rained so hard and so long that I found out my two year-old was
really a rockfish.
- The weatherman said the forecast calls for not a cloud in the sky -
Okay, now it's your turn.
- It rained so much that _______________________________________
- There was so much water where I live that ______________________________________________________________________________
- It got so wet that ___________________________________________
- It rained so hard and so long that _______________________________________________________________________________________
- The weatherman said the forecast calls for ______________________________________________________________________________
Fill in the blanks and send to New Bay Times by mail (P.O. Box 358, Deale,
20751), fax (410/867-0807) or e-mail (71632.125@ compuserve.com) and we'll
run the ones we can't resist, along with your name, in coming issues.
| Back to Archives |
VolumeVI Number 8
March 4-15, 1998
New Bay Times
| Homepage |