Volume VII Number 1
January 7-13, 1999
- On Our Cover: It's Chuck Shepherd, whose
News of the Weird defines the standard for weirdness. If you're
not on his comprehensive 1998 list, you must be doing something
right. Look inside to find out ...
- Dock of the Bay Into the Cold: Polar Plungers Set to Shiver * In
Calvert, New Hands On the Wheel * On the 13th Day of Christmas,
I Recycled My Tree * For Rockfishing, An Endless Summer? * plus,
Way Downstream, In Pennsylvania, walking in George Washington's
wake In California, 'bobbing' for environmental dollars and converting
to the god of nature In Russia, puzzling how to clean dirty laundry
in space and last but not least, this week's Creature Feature:
Tossing tuna in Australia.
- The Weird in 1998 We begin our New Bay Times
year with Chuck Shepherd's review of the our recently retired
year at its weirdest as cautionary advice for the year ahead.
- On the Town: Meet the Ghost of Larry
King: Pat Piper.
- Bay Bites New in 1999: What's on
the food front Chesapeake Country -- A little bit of France in
Shady Side: Restaurant Peninsule
- Editorial In Annapolis, Circle Wagons For Unity
- Letters to the
Bill Burton Know His President's?; Bill Burton's Reply
- Bay Reflection Counting Down to The Millennium
-- As you plan to bring on the millennial bubbly, don't forget
- Burton on the
asked -- and Received: Thanks for All the Ribbon Candy
- Chesapeake Outdoors Of Place and Perspective
- Not Just For Kids Sample resolutions for
1999 -- including NBT's dog Max!
| Past Issues | Bay
can you get your Free NBT?
| Subscriptions | Behind
New Bay Times |
New Bay Times Weekly
New Bay Times
Suggestions? Comments? Email NBT's Webmaster
NBT online is hosted by WebWave-LLC.
Last updated January 7, 7:15 a.m.