Volume VII Number 38
September 23-29, 1999
- On Our Cover: -- "You haven't gone very far in 40 years,"
says Linnell Bowen's mother of her daughter's career. The woman who guides
Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts into its third decade first knew the
Hall as a student, then as a teacher at the old Annapolis High School.
Photo courtesy of Marion Warren from his brand-new show and book, Friends
- Dock of the Bay
Our Ranking Neighbors: Six Who Made Warren's List * In Classy
Company, A Falcon's a Small Bird in this Galaxy * Bits and Pieces: New
Bay Times~Wetly Floyd Says: You Don't! You Don't! Despite Fickle Weather,
Hospice Cup Crosses the $400,000 Line Bluegrass Fans Soak It Up Families
Fight Flab * plus, Way Downstream, In Virginia, Lorton Prison leaking In
Montreal, Sea-Doo cleans up In Oregon, rockfish rules In Kingsbury, N.Y.,
DUIPU plus, last but not least, this week's Creature Feature: Spoiled
teenage condors trash toney resort.
- NBT Interview: Linnell Bowen Art's for All at Maryland Hall with
Sandra Martin & Christy Grimes -- In 20 years, Maryland Hall has introduced
thousands to the creative arts. If you're not among them, Linnell Bowen
- Theatrics Floyd Said You Don't! You Don't! For
more song and dance on local plays, visit our reviews.
- Editorial Victims of Hurricane Floyd: Internet Junkies
- Letters to the Editor Calvert Library Loves a Good Read; Regretting,
with Burton, a Noisier World; "Gridiron Tales" Praised
- Bay Reflection Family Fun with Floyd
- Not Burton on the Bay Flummoxed Fisherman Floats Again
- Chesapeake Outdoors Outdoor News
- Not Just for Kids Cat Show: The Cats of New Bay Times
| Past Issues | Bay
| Where can you get
your Free NBT? | Subscriptions
| Behind New Bay Times |
| Current Issue
New Bay Times Weekly
New Bay Times
Suggestions? Comments? Email NBT's Webmaster
NBT online is hosted by WebWave-LLC.