Volume VII Number 5
February 4-10, 1999
- On Our Cover: NBT's Max loves to chew a stick,
but this month's overflow from the Conowingo Dam on the Susquehanna River
has sent downstream more sticks than even a big dog can manage. Photo by
- Dock of the Bay Big Dam Problem: Bay Besieged by Conowingo Debris * In Crash
Aftermath, More Driver Training Urged * Around and About County Councilman
Klocko Visits Deale * plus, Way Downstream, In Virginia talkin' still more
trash In Pennsylvania, Big Brother is watching Philadelphia garbage dumps
In Mississippi, another reason smoking is dangerous and last but not least,
this week's Creature Feature: Gribbles attack New York City.
- Dig the Treasure --
Chesapeake History's Black Gold by Sandra Martin,
Mark Burns & NBT staff. Chesapeake Country's African American history
is more visible than ever. Take a look and you'll find riches.
- Bay Bites On the food front in Chesapeake Country
-- Neighborhood Treasure: Edgewater Restaurant.
- Editorial SACReD Truths: People Will Have Their Say
- Letters to the Editor No Tyson's Corner in Deale; Recycling
Boat Shrink-Wrap Is a County Job; Dept. of Corrections
- Bay Reflection Monumental Leader -- Thurgood Marshall
stands tall among Annapolis landmarks
- Burton on the Bay This Game's Got the Wrong Name -- You Only Think You're Watching
- Earth Journal Changes at The Glovers' Eat-Meet-and-Greet
Deckside Bird Feeding Station
- Not Just For Kids Explore adventuresome Admiral Robert
Peary with a fun-filled bio and word search. Then color your world with
a Matthew Henson coloring contest.
| Past Issues | Bay
| Where can you get
your Free NBT? | Subscriptions
| Behind New Bay Times |
| Current Issue
New Bay Times Weekly
New Bay Times
Suggestions? Comments? Email NBT's Webmaster
NBT online is hosted by WebWave-LLC.