By Kathy Knotts
Starting Monday, readers can return to browsing the shelves inside Anne Arundel County Public Library branches. AACPL staff have provided only online, curbside and appointment service since the pandemic began last March.
Starting April 12, library hours will also increase to 10am-7pm, Mondays – Thursdays; from 10am-5pm, Fridays and Saturdays; and 1-5pm on Sundays at eight locations. Sunday hours run from September through May at the Busch Annapolis, Crofton, Discoveries: The Library at the Mall, Glen Burnie, Maryland City at Russett, Odenton, Severn and Severna Park locations. Curbside pickup service will continue throughout library operating hours.
Safety protocols remain in place and customers are reminded:
- A mask is required for all customers over the age of two regardless of vaccine status. Free masks are available while supplies last;
- Customers may be asked to limit their time in the building so more people can enjoy the library.
- Capacity limits are in place for each library location.
- A reduced number of public computers will be available;
- Printing of 10 free black and white pages per day remains available.
- Limited seating is available in the branch;
- No meeting rooms or conference rooms can be used;
- The Odenton Library Creation Station and Computer Lab remain closed;
- Toys have been removed from children’s areas;
- No print newspapers are available;
- Please use the book drops for returning materials;
- Limited study rooms are available;
- There is no access to water fountains;
- Assistance continues to be available by calling the library, and using Email a Librarian and website chat.
“We are excited to once again open the library for on demand service,” said AACPL CEO Skip Auld. “With our customers’ help, we believe we can now safely provide library service in our buildings. We have missed seeing our customers and look forward to continuing to serve the needs of the community.”